A workplace injury lawyer can help you quickly and efficiently file a workers’ compensation claim. Your workplace injury lawyer will act as an advocate on your behalf to get you the medical care and workers’ compensation benefits that you deserve.
When you need a Workplace Injury Lawyer
No matter what the circumstances of your injury are, you are entitled to consult a lawyer to discuss your case. It is always better to retain a workplace injury lawyer as soon as possible after the injury, especially if any of the following situations apply:
- If your workplace injury requires surgery
- If your workplace injury is moderate to severe
- If your doctor believes that your health will not return to the condition it was before the injury
- If you are no longer able to work on a regular basis
- If you are not able to go back to work at your current job
- If you have a pre-existing disability
- If you believe that you are not receiving the correct benefits
- If your medical benefits have been denied
- If your employer has disputed your workers’ compensation claim
- If you do not understand the workers’ compensation claim process
How a Workplace Injury Lawyer Can Help You
A workplace injury lawyer will help you with your case to make sure your claim is resolved and that you get the benefits that you are entitled to.
If you are unable to return to your previous position at work, then your workplace injury lawyer will be able to guide you through the steps to take advantage of your state’s vocational services to receive retraining money to assist you in finding alternative employment opportunities. If you are unable to return to work at all then your workplace injury lawyer can also advise you about Social Security disability benefits.
If any part of your claim is being disputed by your employer or your employer’s insurance company then it is vital to find a workplace injury lawyer. The dispute process can be very complicated with complex rules and procedures. If you do not have a lawyer then you will be at a disadvantage and may not receive the benefits you are entitled to.
If you are unsure if you will need a workplace injury lawyer, you should call for a free consultation. During this consultation, your claim will be reviewed and the attorney will be able to advise if you will need representation or not.